This exciting early season developmental tournament for U9-U12 Boys and Girls teams uses a multi-directional 3 v 3, small-sided game format that allows players to develop skills in a fun and relaxed environment.
Maximum roster of 6 (split your team in two!). Eight game guarantee. A great way to start your season! Check out the video footage of previous tournament play!
Give me the details:
- Dates: April 2016 (Dates TBD)
- Ages: U9-U12
- Cost: $TBD per team
- Roster Size: 6
- Games: Eight games total (four per day). Each game is 12 minutes in length.
- Registration Deadline: TBD
- Where: Centennial Sports Arena, Circle Pines, MN
- Awards: Participation awards for all players
How do I sign up?
Challenge Cup Highlights
- Challenge Cup is structured in a small-sided game format. Teams are 3 v 3 with no goalkeepers.
- Multi-directional play allows for a greater number of touches per player and more scoring.
- Players gain experience switching the point of attack and making penetrating passes.
- Players have fun and become better soccer players over the course of the weekend tourney.
- Eight games guaranteed (four games each day).
- Each game is 12 minutes in length.
- MYSA Sanctioned
Rules and Procedural Highlights
- Format of play is 3 v 3 with a maximum roster of six players per team allowed.
- All teams play four matches on Saturday and four matches on Sunday, with attempts to schedule in a three hour timeframe.
- Substitution is on the fly.
- All ages use a futsal ball.
- Players must wear shin guards and flats or turf shoes. No cleats.
- Each match is 12 minutes with a rolling clock.
- Start of play is with a drop ball from the center.
- Side boundaries are padded, low bumpers. Ends are hockey-style boards.
- Balls out of bounds are rolled in from the side. No goal kicks or corner kicks.
- No offside
- Goals are in the middle of the pitch, back to back, spaced 20 feet apart.
- Goals have a 3-foot exclusion zone. No goals may be scored from within exclusion zone.
- Scores are kept and posted for U11 & U12 only.
- Roster form will be submitted at team check-in.
To learn more, read the Laws of the Game. Be sure to read the Coaches Code of Conduct.