The Challenge Cup
This exciting early season developmental tournament for U8-U12 Boys and Girls teams uses a multi-directional 3-on-3, small-sided game format that allows players to develop skills in a fun & relaxed environment.
Maximum roster of 6 (split your team in two!). Eight game guarantee. A great way to start your season! Check out the video footage of previous tournament play!
Give me the details:
- Dates: April 11 and 12, 2015
- Ages: U8-U12
- Cost: $125 per team
- Roster Size: 6
- Games: Eight, 12-minute games, four a day. All matches are played in a 3 hour time frame
- Location: Centennial High School Sports Arena, 4707 North Rd. Circle Pines, MN 55014
- Directions to Centennial Sports Arena can be found at http://www.isd12.org/arena/arena_index.htm
- Participation awards for all players
- Registration Deadline: April 4, 2015
How do I sign up?
See Online Registration and Payment at right
For more information contact the Challenge Cup Tournament Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Challenge Cup Highlights
The Centennial Challenge Cup is played over the course of two days in a small-sided game format at the Centennial High School Sports Arena. During each day, all teams in an age group/division will compete against each other in at least eight matches total, or four matches per day. All matches are played in a three hour time frame. All matches are 12 minutes in length.
- Challenge Cup format is 3-on-3 with no goalkeepers.
- Multi-directional play allows for a greater number of touches per player and more scoring.
- Players gain experience switching the point of attack and making penetrating passes.
- Players have fun and become better soccer players over the course of the weekend tourney.
The Centennial SC Challenge Cup is an MYSA sanctioned event.
Rules and Procedural Highlights
- Format of play is 3-on-3 with a maximum roster of six players per team allowed.
- All teams play 4 matches on Saturday and 4 matches on Sunday, with attempts to schedule in a 2-hour block.
- Substitution is on the fly.
- All ages use a futsal ball.
- Players must wear shin guards and flats or turf shoes. No cleats.
- Each match is 12 minutes with a rolling clock.
- Start of play is with a drop ball from the center.
- Side boundaries are padded, low bumpers. Ends are hockey-style boards.
- Balls out of bounds are rolled in from the side. No goal kicks or corner kicks.
- No offsides.
- Goals are in the middle of the pitch, back to back, spaced 20 feet apart.
- Goals have a 3-foot exclusion zone. No goals may be scored from within exclusion zone.
- Scores are kept and posted for U11 & U12 only. U8, U9, and U10 receive participation awards.
- Roster form will be submitted at team check-in.
To learn more, read the Laws of the Game. Be sure to read the Coaches Code of Conduct.